Tuesday, April 26, 2016

We Wear The Mask

It's been a while.....I haven't had the energy to write much. 
This post is very different from anything I've shared before. Bear with me.

Very seldom will you see me with anything other than a smile on my face.
I have been told that I even smile in my sleep. On occasion, you may catch a shadow of sadness in my eyes...but it is deeper than that.  

I am the lonely soul drifting in a room full of people. Unless I have shared it with you directly, you would never know that I live with depression.

(Photo credit:We Wear the Mask by Pokii-kun on DeviantArt)

I choose to say that I live with depression, as opposed to suffering from it. The word suffer is difficult for me to own because it makes me feel like I am a victim. 

(Photo credit: The Mask We Wear. By Darcsunshine)

Yes...it's true.  I have lived with it since early childhood. When I was in high-school  I even attempted to take my life. I thank God every day for angels He sent along at the right point and time in my life. 

I share this to set myself free.
I share this not for pity, but for the purpose of empowerment. I pray that this revelation helps someone....even if only one person to realize that it's okay not to be a super being. 

You don't have to be strong all the time...and when you aren't, it doesn't mean you're weak and worthless. You don't have to keep it in or hide in shame. 

You don't have to suffer in silence. Get help...talk it out and keep praying. Don't succumb to the anguish. 

You owe it yourself and loved ones to be free of this overwhelming, often paralyzing burden. Peace, healing and love to you. Be free......

No comments:

Post a Comment