Sunday, November 16, 2014

Been A While…..

Hello World!
It has been quite some time since my last blog post. Time has gone by so quickly and I can't even keep up with myself these days.

The past 2-3 years have been pretty amazing.  Before I give you an update, however, let me quickly touch on how it all began (this blog). I began this blog in 2010 when I started my lifestyle evolution (focus on health, fitness and mental well-being).  I was tired of going up to the next size (had worked my way into what was quickly becoming a tight 14/16). I was depressed , exhausted and my body ached. I was so unhappy with the way I had become and tired of my own skin.

But you know…that wasn't it. The biggest motivator for me to take action was my desire to have a baby.  My husband and I had been talking about having a little one for several years. We had many reasons for waiting and waiting…and waiting. The biggest for me was my weight.  I did not want to have a baby and any additional to weight.  So….in spring of 2010….I finally began my lifestyle evolution!

God brought me through so many challenges and I ended up in the best shape of my life!  By summer of 2011, I was maintaining a size 7, and wearing tanks for the first time in countless years.  I spent that fall/winter enjoying figure hugging sweaters, skinny jeans and sleek riding boots.  The boost in confidence was a bonus…most importantly, my health had improved tremendously.

All along my journey I had shared fitness tips, homegrown recipes and other gems.  I began a Facebook Page called "Evolve With Kia" and grew to over 300 followers in just a few months. Tae bo,  P90X, Insanity, calisthenics, walking…all of those things helped me to reach my goals.  I was working out 6 days a week, sometimes 2-3 times a day. Without healthy eating of course, none of that would have made a difference (at least not for long).

In early 2012, my husband and I decided we were ready to begin our family.  It happened quicker than we thought it would and in April, it was confirmed that a sweet baby was indeed on the way!

My pregnancy was considered high risk and I nearly miscarried in the beginning.  Fibroids threatened to take away our blessing…but God had other plans!  It was challenging, painful and scary at times…but overall, I must say it was the most incredible and beautiful experience of my life.  Our precious daughter entered the world healthy and beautiful in December of that year, and our lives get better everyday because of her.

That brings me to now……November 2014. After having my daughter, my body changed…a lot. I lost  about 30 pounds right after she was born.  Since that time, my weight has been up and down. It has been challenging for me to maintain a consistent workout regime and healthy eating habits.  Being a full time mother, having demanding job with long hours (working late into the night after baby girl is asleep), having a husband who is on the road often, a dog to walk and care for, a house to keep, a side business to manage, not sleeping enough,....etc….LIFE.

I have gotten as close as being 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight in the past two years, and as high as what I was when I weighed myself over a week ago (171 pounds).  I don't look like I weight that much, but I do.  When I saw the number on those scales….I felt convicted.  I had again let things spiral out of control.

Yes…this was just a week ago…and yes, I am talking about as if more time has passed. The reason being, in just that short time…I have made a turn around.  And this time, like the last, I responded with something drastic.  Hardcore work……cardio, Insanity and a transition back into clean eating (no more Magnum Double Carmel ice-cream or chocolate candy). I will not go out that…God brought me to far to slide backward.

I have made a new commitment to myself.  I deserve to be healthy. Not just for my family….but for ME.  No more excuses. I am also going to make an effort to blog more frequently too.  I have to find time to take care of me….mind, body and spirit must all be nourished with the right food!  With God's help, I did it before and I will do it again! Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment